Frequently Asked QuestionsWe have the answer to all your questions
We have created a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section to answer most of your questions. Feel free to contact us for if you have any other questions.
Before You Book
- What are the age requirements? What is the drinking age?
- Do I need a passport?
- What’s included in the price? What’s not included?
- Do you offer group or military discounts?
- I booked through a travel agent or through Norwegian Cruise Line, what is the difference?
- We are booking multiple cabins as part of a group, how can we get cabins next to each other?
- What are the dates? Can I book a different cruise?
- How much is this cruise?
- I plan on taking a flight. When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
- When should I plan on arriving at the port for my cruise?
- Is the entire ship college students?
- How much is my deposit and when is my final payment due?
- Will a cruise ever be modified or cancelled?
- Can I book last minute?
- What should I pack?
- What is travel insurance? Do I need it?
- Can the cruise line accommodate passengers with special needs (allergy, dietary, mobility, or any other special assistance needs)?
- Do I need a passport?
- What information will I need to book a cruise?
- How do I book a cruise?
- Can we split the payment?
- How does the deposit and final payment work?
- How can I make a payment or update my credit card information for my future payments?
- Does booking through College Party Cruise cost more thank booking through the cruise-line
- Can I book shore excursions through College Party Cruise?
- What if I need to cancel my cruise?
- When will I receive my cruise documents?
On Board and General Cruise Questions
- How do I find the onboard events?
- How do I pay for on board expenses?
- Can I bring alcohol or other drinks?
- What are the tipping guidelines?
- Do many passengers get seasick?
- Can I stay in touch with the outside? Is there Wi-Fi?
Questions and Answers:
Before You Book
What are the age requirements? What is the drinking age?
To book: You must be over the age of 18, AND there must be at least ONE 21 year old PER cabin (as of the date of sailing).
Alcohol: The drinking age ON-BOARD the ship is 21 at all times (regardless of it being in “international waters”). Yes, we are aware that NCL has an underage waiver policy, but it requires your parents to be on-board the ship… see below.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Underage Waiver Policy: Guests who are 18 – 20 years of age can purchase and consume beer or wine when the ship is in international waters (3 miles out of US territorial waters). The parent or legal guardian MUST be onboard the sailing with the young adult and present themselves at the Front Desk so they can sign the form allowing the consumption of beer and wine only. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. A notarized Parent Consent Form or any other document allowing for temporary guardianship for the purposes of the sailing only WILL NOT be accepted. There are no exceptions to this policy, regardless of the reason.
- Drinking age ASHORE (OFF THE SHIP) in the Bahamas is 18.
- If you turn 21 during the trip, you may order bar beverages after verifying your age, on your birthday, at the Guest Services desk with your identification.
Casino: 18 and up to gamble.
There are no age restrictions to enter the club, bars, and other venues on board the ship (18+)
Do I need a passport?
United States Citizens:
You will require a valid proof of citizenship, this could be either:
- A Passport (recommended)
- An ORIGINAL copy of your birth certificate AND a government issued photo ID.
United States Permanent Residents:
You MUST have the following travel documentation:
- United States Permanent Resident Card AND passport from your home country.
All Other Nationalities:
You MUST have the following travel documentation:
- Passport from your home country AND multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).
These are just guidelines to help you get started. This information can change at any time without notice.
Please call US Citizenship and Immigration Services at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory.
Please view the latest information from the cruise line here: Detailed Documentation Requirements
For more details, to apply for a passport and other country requirements, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
What’s included in the price? What’s not included?
Included in the price:
- Alcoholic Beverages, Juice, Soft drinks (This is the ONLY cruise with FREE DRINKS! For drink package details: Drink Package Inclusions and Details)
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.(There are several dining options available from the gourmet 5 star formal dining room to the casual buffet area, or just grab a slice of pizza by the pool. It’s all included.)
- Round trip cruise and accommodations from Miami to the Bahamas
- Use of the cruise-ship amenities such as: 2 pools, 5 whirlpools, casino, lounges, fitness center, basketball court, arcades, and much more.
- All entertainment: Nightclubs, music, live bands, comedy shows, karaoke, Las Vegas style production shows, deck parties and more.
- Taxes and Port Fees – Taxes/Fees are included in our prices so there are no surprises. We do not charge any booking fees.
- Exclusive CPC Group Wristband – Only available by booking through us: entitles you to drink specials at Fat Tuesday’s and Senor Frogs Bars in Freeport and Nassau. As well as an optional open bar party at Fat Tuesday’s Nassau for a small cover charge only available to our group. You will also be able to be part of our events and give-aways on board and be recognized by others from our group wearing the same wristband.
- Gratuities for the ships staff. These gratuities are split up between your room attendant and dining room waiters.
- Specialty themed restaurants
- Pre-Cruise or Post-cruise Hotels
- Ground Transportation
- Travel Insurance
Do you offer group or military discounts?
CPC is registered as a group, so everyone that books through us, whether its a group of 4 people or 100 people, receives group pricing. The cruise line will not combine any additional discounts, so military discounts are not available either. If you do have a big group (MINIMUM OF 8 CABINS), you might be interested in being a group leader to earn some cash. Take a look at our reps/promoters page: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/campus-reps for more information.
I booked through a travel agent or through Norwegian Cruise Line, what is the difference?
If you book through a travel agency (like Expedia, your own travel agent, etc…) OR through Norwegian Cruise Line, you will be on the same ship as us. However, you will NOT be part of our group and you will NOT be able to attend our private events on the ship and ashore. Also, since our prices are based on group pricing, most of our pricing will be cheaper compared to everyone else… so why would you go elsewhere to book?
If you have already booked, you may cancel your reservation and re-book with us -OR- you may be able to transfer your reservation to us by filling out a simple form with the cruise line. Please email us at [email protected] for instructions.
We are booking multiple cabins as part of a group, how can we get cabins next to each other?
Since cabins are assigned on a first come first served basis, this will all depend on availability. There is a “Special Requests” section (when you book) where you can put down the names of your friends that you want to be next to. You will need to book the same cabin category and occupancy in order for this to be possible. We also suggest for your group to book the cabins back to back to ensure that other reservations do not take the neighboring cabins.
What are the dates? Can I book a different cruise?
We have chosen the 3 main weeks when most Colleges and Universities are on Spring Break:
- March 06 – 10, 2017
- March 13 – 17, 2017
- March 20 – 24, 2017
If you cannot join our cruise this Spring Break, we can always recommend and help you book a different cruise. We can even set up a page for your group where your friends can book from. Feel free to contact us and let us know what you’re looking for at [email protected]
How much is this cruise?
All pricing is PER person for the entire cruise. Cruise prices vary by date of sailing and are based on availability. We have a limited number of cabins at our promotional pricing, once our promotional pricing sells out, the prices will be exactly the same as the cruise-line prices. In order to be part of our group you MUST book through us. If you book through the cruise-line, you will not be part of our group and will not be able to join our special events. We do not charge you any extra to get all of our benefits or to be part of our group.
For the latest pricing for your sailing please see: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/pricing
REMEMBER: The earlier you book, the more you save. Put down your deposit to lock in prices before they go up. Prices are always subject to change and are based on availability.
I plan on taking a flight. When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
We recommend that you arrive at Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) no later than 10:30 AM on the day of sailing. Boarding time is between 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM. If you arrive at the port after 3:30 PM you will risk not making it on the cruise!
Return flights should be arranged to leave MIA or FLL after 12:30 PM. Although we will be back at the Port of Miami around 7:00 AM, the debarkation and custom’s process might take some time.
Transfers from the Airport to the Cruise Port:
Taxis, Uber, Lyft are fast and easy. Please make sure you are at the port in time when arranging transportation from the airports to the Port of Miami.
When should I plan on arriving at the port for my cruise?
Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 2 days prior to their cruise. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 1 hour prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.
Is the entire ship college students?
Although it will be mostly college students on board, the entire ship is not all college students. You can expect it to be about 85% college students. We had the option to charter the cruise-ship to make it all college students, but we decided against it. Why? Chartering would double the prices! Doing it this way keeps the prices low compared to if we were to charter the whole cruise-ship. Regardless, everyone on a cruise is there to party, and this has yet to be an issue.
How much is my deposit and when is my final payment due?
Will a cruise ever be modified or cancelled?
The safety and satisfaction of guests is always the #1 concern of the cruise line. The cruise line may modify, change or cancel a cruise at any time and for any reason whatsoever. The itinerary is also always subject to change.
Can I book last minute?
We recommend booking as early as possible to get the best price and ensure you get a spot on the cruise. There is a huge demand for our Spring Break Party Cruise and it WILL sell out. If a category is shown as sold out – it is sold. Secure your spot and low price with a small deposit: Book Easily Online
What should I pack?
Bathing suit and sunscreen are obvious – Here’s a few recommendations:
- Pack everything you need for the first day in a small carry-on bag (change of clothes, bathing suit, sandals, toiletries, etc…). You might not get your checked bag until 7:00 PM on the first day.
- Pack a couple of casual outfits (don’t forget shoes) for dinner, the nightclub and other venues.
- Don’t forget your sandals and a cover-up/t-shirt.
- Bring a small beach bag for when we get off the ship. You’ll want something to carry your stuff when we get off the ship in the Bahamas.
- Bring some cash for when we’re off the ship in Nassau.
- Bring some sneakers if you want to go to the gym, rock-climbing, etc…
- Leave your alcohol at home. They will check your checked baggage and will confiscate anything they see.
- You are allowed to bring champagne/wine (corkage fees apply at the port).
- Passport, travel documents.
If you forget anything, there are shops on-board.
What is travel insurance? Do I need it?
Travel Insurance is available for purchase to protect your vacation investment should you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance due to the vendors’ very strict Cancellation policies. We offer travel insurance directly through the cruise-line for assurance and convenience. This insurance plan will also cover you for most illness and accidents, your personal belongings, trip delays and much more. The cost of travel insurance is non-refundable. Travel Insurance is very affordable:
- Prices vary, but average about $40 for per person
TRAVEL PROTECTION FOR VACATIONS ADVANTAGES:
- Coverage if you have to cancel or interrupt a trip for a variety of reasons
- Coverage for medical emergencies and emergency medical transportation
- Coverage for lost, damaged or delayed baggage
- 24/7 assistance through a Global Assistance hotline.
- Coverage for existing medical conditions when purchased prior to making your final trip payment
For exact policy details: Travel Guard Gold Protection Plan
Can the cruise line accommodate passengers with special needs (allergy, dietary, mobility, or any other special assistance needs)?
Norwegian Cruise Line’s team of Access Coordinators at the Access Desk have experience in furthering Norwegian Cruise Line’s mission to provide a safe and accessible cruise experience for all guests with special requirements to the extent that is feasible. This includes:
- Guests with mobility impairments
- Guests who are deaf or have low hearing
- Guests who are blind or have low vision
- Special dietary needs (Gluten free, vegetarian, low sodium, kosher, etc…)
- Other needs or challenges
Once you receive a Norwegian Cruise Line reservation number, please call 1-866-584-9756 (voice) OR send an email to [email protected] with your special requests or needs and they will accommodate you.
What information will I need to book a cruise?
In order to reserve a cabin please have the following information available for each passenger in your cabin:
- Full LEGAL Names
- Dates of Birth
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Billing Addresses (for all passengers if splitting payments)
- Credit Card information (for all passengers if splitting payments)
How do I book a cruise?
We have made it very easy to book a cruise. Please follow the Book Online link throughout our page to begin a reservation. You will need the information above for each passenger in your cabin.
Can we split the payment?
You can split the payment for your reservation between cards. We have made this very easy through our reservation system. Just select: Split payment, and select how you would like to split it.
How does the deposit and final payment work?
We require FULL deposits for each cruise booking to reserve your cabin space and price. Deposit amounts are $100 per person. Full payment is due 75 days prior to the sailing date and this will be automatically charged to the credit card used originally for payment (You MUST contact us before the final payment date if you want to change this). Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. If you book within 75 days of sailing, full payment is required at the time of reservation. You can also split the payment between cards during the booking process.
How can I make a payment or update my credit card information for my future payments?
Every passenger has their own account for their reservation. If financial responsibility was split, each passenger would have to log in to their own account to make payments towards their portion.
You may make payments towards your reservation by logging in to your own account and selecting “Make Payment” under your reservation.
You may update the credit card on your profile for any future payments by selecting Add/Update Credit Card at the bottom of the “Your Account” page.
Please login HERE
Please remember that every passenger has their own account (using their own email that is on the reservation). If you have never logged on before, please reset your password.
Does booking through College Party Cruise cost more thank booking through the cruise-line?
No! Our promotional pricing is lower than if you were to book directly through the cruise-line… this is because we buy in bulk for our group! When our promotional pricing ends, our prices will be exactly the same as the cruise-line, except that by booking through us you will be part of the Spring Break group, you’ll be able to participate in our events, and you’ll receive our CPC Wristband… all for no extra cost.
Can I book shore excursions through College Party Cruise?
Yes, College Party Cruise offers optional shore excursions for our group. We have a private snorkeling shore excursion available when you book. If you already booked, you can login to YOUR ACCOUNT and add the excursion by selecting “Add Items” under your reservation. You can also book cruise line shore excursions directly with NCL once you complete your online check-in or on the ship.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
Please see our cancellation/changes page for details: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/cancellations. Any applicable refunds will be processed directly to the original credit card(s) used for payment (minus any applicable penalties/fees). We have 3 different sailings, so the cancellation penalty schedules vary. Please refer to your confirmation email for penalties pertaining to your specific sailing.
All cancellation and reservations changes must be submitted by the lead guest (the main passenger) by filling out our “Request for Reservation Changes Form.” To request this form, please email us at [email protected] No exceptions will be made.
When will I receive my cruise documents?
All passengers MUST check-in online before you can print your boarding passes. Please check-in online using your NCL Reservation # here: https://www.ncl.com/oci
On Board and General Cruise Questions
How do I find the onboard events?
You will get a detailed itinerary every night highlighting all the onboard events for the next day. We will also keep you posted on any College Party Cruise events before the sailing.
How do I pay for on board expenses?
A cashless system is used on board that allows you to use your room key to sign for all of your onboard purchases (with the exception of the casino). During check-in at the port, you will need to present a credit card that will be used for payment of all these charges at the end of the cruise. You may also use your debit card, but we recommend against it since the cruise-line will obtain a pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days.
Your room key will act as your ID (proof of age), stateroom key, and charge card onboard the ship.
Can I bring alcohol or other drinks?
From Norwegian Cruise Lines:
All guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area. Wine & Champagne Policy Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below. 750 ml Bottle: $15.00 1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.
What are the tipping guidelines?
The cruise line will charge an automatic $13.50 per day/per person ($54 total per person) to cover your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter, room steward, etc. A 18% gratuity will also be automatically added to any bar bill.
When you book with us, your gratuities will be pre-paid at the time of booking. You will not have to worry about these charges while on the ship.
Do many passengers get seasick?
No, most passengers do not experience motion sickness on today’s modern cruise ships because of their large size, stabilizing devices and advance weather notification systems. If you feel you might be prone to motion sickness, there are a number of medications available in your local pharmacy as well as on-board the ship; we can also book you a room in the lower decks, mid ship which might help slightly.
Can I stay in touch with the outside? Is there Wi-Fi?
Yes. But why would you want to? It’s Spring Break and you’re on a cruise with only a few days to party with no worries whatsoever. But if you insist… Most cruise cabins are equipped with a telephone that offer direct dialing (ship to shore) for a charge. Wireless Internet access is available throughout certain parts of the ship, and a Business Office is available.
Wifi Package Plans
Time Package Plans:
Activation Fee $3.95, Pay as you go $0.95 per minute
$24.99 per day for the entire cruise (must be purchased for the duration of the cruise)
College Party Cruise Disclaimer of Liability
College Party Cruise is a travel company acting as an intermediary or agent for suppliers, such as air carriers, cruise lines, hotels, tour operators, ground transportation companies, and other independent firms. College Party Cruise does not own or operate any of these firms; therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract or any intentional or careless actions or omissions on part of such suppliers or cruise directors, which result in any loss, damage, delay or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. In addition, College Party Cruise cannot guarantee acceptable performance by any of these firms, and each participant agrees not to hold College Party Cruise liable for the quality of services and the condition or cleanliness of the accommodations. Your retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent of the above, and an agreement on your part to convey the contents here to your travel companions or group members. College Party Cruise herein gives notice that we cannot be responsible for any disruption of travel and/or unrest, labor problems, mechanical or construction difficulties, climatic aberrations, acts of God, war, diseases, or any other circumstances beyond its control. There are good travel insurance plans available for passengers to protect themselves. We are not responsible for the neglect or omission of suppliers or carriers, so we strongly recommend travel insurance. College Party Cruise reserves the right to refuse service to any individual for any reason.